Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Introduction

Our Social Justice project is on the use of children in war. Military and conflict groups throughout the world recruit and force children to serve in war. The practice is especially prevalent in Africa as well as the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Children that are forced into war usually suffer from psychological and physical trauma related to their traumatic experience.

I am Anthony Richardson I am currently attending Junipero Serra High school San Mateo, CA.I am a senior student. For my theology class I and my group are interested in child warfare because we feel that this is an important topic that is happening in the world today. We believe that this is wrong and there needs to be a stop to it. The reason this intrest me is because I feel bad for the kids that are being taken from there homes and froced to fight and risk there lifes for something that doesnt really matter to them.Kids shouldn’t be forced to kill.


My name is Dominic Nava, a senior student at Junipero Serra High School. For my social justice project in theology class my group and I chose to address the issue of the use of children in war. We chose this topic because even as an important issue in our world, it is often ignored by the western world. The use of children in war is often ignored because it does not directly impact the western world, but in areas such as Africa, the Middle East, and even in Asia the use of children allows for violence to occur that impacts the lives of many hundreds of thousands of children, their families, and others. In order to address this issue, more attention and funds need to be allocated towards preventing the use of children on the battlefield, or else the casualties and destruction it causes will likely escalate to uncontrollable levels.


My name is Eric Malekos. For my Social Justice I am addressing the problem of the use of children in warfare. I chose this topic because it is something not normally considered or addressed in the media, and I would like to bring attention to it. Children used in warfare suffer irreparable psychological harm, and oftentimes have trouble assimilating back into society. This is an international problem that should be ended.

1 comment: